2024 DSF Language, Literacy
and Learning Conference
Thursday 21st March 2024 to
Saturday 23rd March,2024
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
Perth, Western Australia
Three days, six keynote speakers and
more than 60 concurrent sessions!
2024 sees the return of the DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Conference and it is not to be missed! The DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Conference provides a unique opportunity for educators and practitioners to hear about current research and evidence-informed approaches to teaching and intervention in the field of language, literacy and numeracy acquisition.
It will be particularly relevant to classroom teachers, school principals and administrators, school psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, tutors, and other key stakeholders concerned with the effective education and support of school-aged children – including those with learning difficulties.
The daily schedule will include a variety of plenary sessions, eight concurrent breakout sessions (including workshops, symposia, and presentations), and break times which will allow delegates to network with their colleagues and to explore the curated exhibition hall.
The final conference schedule will be released closer to the conference date.
Why is this conference for you?
The DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Conference will provide valuable information, current research evidence and successful strategies to teachers, practitioners and individuals concerned with the provision of effective literacy and numeracy acquisition to all students. It will be particularly relevant for:
- Primary school teachers keen to improve the reading, spelling, written expression and mathematics results in their classroom;
- Learning support teachers keen to assist with the improvement of both the initial literacy instruction and the intervention strategies delivered in the classes they support;
- Principals keen to improve whole-school literacy outcomes;
- School Psychologists keen to better support the schools they work with – particularly in the areas of first-wave high-quality literacy instruction, individual assessment, and with second and third wave intervention and accommodation;
- Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists working with students with literacy difficulties keen to improve the assessments they conduct, the therapy they provide and the recommendations they make to schools in relation to literacy difficulties;
- All practitioners and parents keen to learn more about specific learning disorders in both reading and written expression – and the most effective intervention and support currently available.
The DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Conference is a not-to-be-missed event with access to exceptional speakers, resources and networking. One, two and three-day conference registrations will be available. Members of DSF, all state SPELD organisations and LDA will be offered discounted rates on their registration.
Discounts are also available for a limited number of full-time students.
Registrations will open closer to the conference date. Please join the conference mailing list to be notified when registration is open.
Call for Papers
Practitioners and researchers keen to participate in the DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Conference are encouraged to submit an expression of interest.
The DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Conference provides a unique platform to showcase evidence-informed brands, products and services. There will be multiple opportunities to connect with delegates throughout the conference.
To find out more, please download the Exhibitor and Sponsorship Prospectus or email firstname.lastname@example.org
21 Mounts Bay Road Perth WA 6000
Spend three inspiring days in the cultural and cosmopolitan city of Perth. The area is full of great hotels, restaurants and galleries.
Special discounted rates on rooms are available to delegates at select hotels. More information coming soon!